- Dress modestly and remember that some of the city’s most popular attractions, such as the Blue Mosque, are actually religious destinations as well – be respectful!
- In mosques women must cover their heads, so be sure to have a head scarf with you. Also, take appropriate clothing (no shorts allowed).
- Keep in mind that Istanbul is a very hilly city: wear comfortable shoes, as you are likely to be doing a lot of walking and the city has many slopes.
- The city’s public transportation is modern, clean, efficient and inexpensive. For many visitors (and locals), the tram system is an especially handy way to get around.
- You can buy a museum pass valid for 3 or 5 days. Check the exact conditions (google Istanbul pass) to decide if it suits you and be aware that it doesn’t include transportation.
Istanbul was the most pleasant travel surprise of my life. You…
View original post 1,670 more words